Sunday, March 20, 2005

 
I found this on Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_ethnic_divisions) I knew about Ashkenazi and Sephardi (My family came over from Germany in 1751, making them Ashkenazi) and a bit about Oriental Jews, but the diasporic communities facinate me. I feel that, as I'm off to Uni in the Autumn, I should get around to thinking about what to do over the Xmas hols this year. I think that this would be an ideal time to go about the world, and meet new and exciting people. The potential list is as follows: Japan New Zealand (I have family out there, and it would be nice to meet them) Canada (More family out there too) Argentina (more family, and I could put my limited espanol to good use) North Europe, mostly Sweden, Danemark, Norway, perhaps Holland as well (would like to see the legendary social systems in person!) Iceland (Bit chilly in the winter though, same for the above) That's about it. I haven't done much traveling about though, and would love somewhere safe, and where English is widely spoken (I would make an effort to learn a bit, but I'm no linguist). I think it would really help my Uni course (Social Anthropology). Any ideas would be great!
|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?